Saturday 25 February 2017

Sausage, Bacon and Egg Slices

Please share and like my videos if you enjoy them.

I've been trying to think of something different to cook that (I don't think) hasn't been done before. I don't, but I know some vegans who miss egg, bacon and sausages so I came up with this recipe. It's easy to make and so delicious! You can serve it hot or cold, on toast with beans for breakfast, a slice (or 2) for lunch on its own or with salad for a light dinner. As always I have tried to keep the ingredients as healthy as possible and I was absolutely shocked when I worked out the nutritional values for my vegan version and a real meat and egg version.

Ingredients:
6 vegan sausages (not frozen)
Vegan bacon (I used Sgaia Mheat Rashers)
30g vegan egg (Follow Your Heart) Available from health stores and online.
300ml soya milk
Small onion
Clove of garlic Black salt (gives an egg taste)
Black pepper
Sage
2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax seed + 6 tbsp water)
Nutritional yeast

Method:
In a blender/food processor add the sausages, pinch of salt, season with pepper, 2 tbsp nutritional yeast, sprinkle of sage, chopped onion and garlic. Blend until you have a sausage meat like mixture. Pour into a loaf tin and spread evenly on the base and around the sides, creating a dent in the middle for the egg.

Now blend the vegan egg powder with the milk, black pepper, 1 tsp black salt and 3 tbsp nutritional yeast. Pour the liquid egg into the middle of the sausage mixture and cover with bacon. Bake for 25 minutes. If you find the bacon is cooking too quickly cover with tin foil to avoid it burning. Remove from the oven and with a sharp knife cut around the edge of the tin and tip onto a plate. Now carefully place another plate on top and turn bacon side up. Cut into slices and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment